If I could have one five minute conversation with my ten year old self I would tell him multiple things. The first thing that I would tell him would be to stop getting in to trouble. Through out elementary school and middle school I would constantly get in to trouble. One negative affect of me always getting in trouble was almost not getting in to my dream school. Because of the way I acted in middle school I had to work extra hard into getting into de Toledo. When I first sent my application I was denied but through lots of hard work and multiple meetings with Dr. Powell I was finally excepted. When this happened I was nervous about what was going to happen to my self and all of that extra worry and hard work could have been avoided if I had just acted the way I was supposed to.
The second thing I would say to myself would be to not procrastinate with my homework or studying for so many important tests. In elementary school and middle school other than always getting in trouble I wouldn't get the best grades. The reason I didn't get the best grades was not doing my homework and procrastinating. These two things were also a big reason why I wasn't immediately excepted to de Toledo. I would tell myself that not doing my homework hurt me in the future and it could have easily been avoided if I would just do homework and had not procrastinated. I would have to teach and tell my ten year old self a lot that I had learned from these past years. In conclusion I wish I could go back into the future and tell my ten year old self these things and now I can't do that so the only way I can help my brothers and cousins is to tell them about all the mistakes I made that could have been avoided if I had just acted better and did my work.
No comments:
Post a Comment